June 16, 2006

for Dad...

I made these baked potatoes when Mum wasn't feeling very well. I thought with creamy potatoe mash and smoked chicken would do a good meal for dinner. I gave a handful of greens on Dad's plate. I like to use Edam rather than Mature Cheddar, as I like it as it's not as salty as Cheddar as well as it's giving stringy texture when it's still hot.



Baked Potatoes
(Here's the Indonesian Version)
Ingredients:
10 large potatoes, scrub, and half
500g smoked chicken, diced
3 Tbs Salted Butter
1/4 cup fresh milk
100g Edam, grated
4 bh parsley, chopped
black peppercorns, crushed
1 tomato to garnish
1 sprig parsley to garnish
Grated Edam, extra

Directions:
brush the potatoes with olive oil, baked in the preheated oven, 180C until cooked and smooth (but not dry). Scoop out the potatoes and mash them with butter, milk, grated cheese, amd chopped parsley and season with crushed black peppercorns. Then, add in the diced smoked chicken. Stuffed the potatoes until you've got a good pile of each one. Garnish with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with extra grated cheese. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese melts. Take them out of the oven, garnish with parsley, and serve warm with greens.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Your new look is nice. I've updated my page with your new link.

HomeMadeS said...

hi barbara!
thanks for dropping by. i've added yours to my sidebar as well :)