June 29, 2006

layered of delights

Is there any 'baking blues'? Really?

I've got no answers, for what I know that I have no interest in baking lately. Eventhough I try, the results are not satisfying.

But this one has got nothing to do with baking. This is not a cake. This is a layer of pancakes. And you don't bake pancakes, do you? Not bad for someone who's not interested in doing any baking today.

blue, baby i'm blue
'cos you've been untrue...

Nah, nothing to do with Gerard Joling, either. Anyone knows if he's still singing? I used to love to listen to his songs, a looooooong time ago.

Here we go.

blue... baby, i'm blueeeee...

Chocolate Pancakes Layered Cake

180g flour
20g cocoa powder
400ml fresh milk

Mix all the ingredients except butter, whisk until smooth. Wipe the frying pan or pancakes pan with butter, then drop a small amount of butter, swirl it. Drop 2 tablespoons of the batter on the pan, and swirl it to get a nice and even layer of pancakes. Flip over to cook the other side. Set aside.
Prepare a cake tin, cover with plastic wrap, then stack the pancakes one by one, sandwiched with chocolate custard.

I use my favorite chocolate custard to sandwich the pancakes. Use your favorite custard recipe and stack the pancakes in a cake tin, sandwich with the custad each layer. I use chopped dark cooking chocolates to accentuate the taste.

Either way, you can make usual batter without cocoa powder, but increase the flour to 20g. Sandwich the pancakes with lemon curd. It's delicious, I tell you.


Anonymous said...

Hi Arfi,
I accidently stumbled upon your blog...nice blog.Thank you so much for sharing.

I live in the Netherlands and
noticed you asked about, Gerard Joling?

yeah he's still around last year he had a huge show with two other male singers and also host the dutch version of "dancing with the stars"...thought that you'd like to know.He's somewhat a bit of a media personality here in the Netherlands.Hope this info helps.

Arfi Binsted said...

hi there!! oh, my. we have our own version of dancing with stars here in new zealand. oh i would love to hear him singing again. is he still gorgeous?