June 09, 2006

on a banana leaf...



Do you have a memorable moment in your childhood? I do. On that tray.

I used to love visiting my grandmother. I used to love sitting in the kitchen with her, watching her making snacks from scratch. All of those colorful goodies.

I don't think they are easy to make, but when you have plenty of time, then why not? Indonesian's jajanan pasar (goodies which are usually sold in traditional markets) are usually made from sagoo, tapioca, glutenuous rice flour, or rice flour with palm sugar and folded or cooked in banana leaves. Some of them are eaten with coconut milk cooked with palm sugar and other flavouring as we call it kinca.

I sometimes miss these kind of foods although my grandmother had passed away a long long time ago, as they are kept on my mind and heart as my grandmother is. Forever.

2 comments:

Lia said...

Pih, gue ada tuh resep kue tradisional pake ubi, kelapa parut & tepung ketan, uenak deh. ada di blog gue.
tapi blakangan gue gak sempet posting & nimbrung di milis, gawean segambreng oiii... sambil nyiapin TdT Sby, 9 juli besok. lo ikutan dunk hehehehh...

HomeMadeS said...

kasihan deh lu, liy. 9 juli? huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... aku sih mau aja balik lagi ke indo tapi jangan sama anak2. abis, mereka pada sakit kalo tak ajak pulkam. ntar deh kalo dah pada gedean kali ye? 10 more years? :P