July 04, 2006

present from the heart



This morning when I woke up and was going to make a breakfast, my sleepy eyes goggled out. I couldn't believe of what I saw. There, on the table, beside my cake which I just finished last night, was a box of a new mixer. A new gadget! My hubby knew I have been wanting a benchtop mixer for a long time, and I didn't think I was going to get it soon, sooner than I thought. As, last time, he just bought me a new deep fryer, so I thought that WAS my birthday present. Apparently, there is another thing. I just can't wait to use it and feel what it's like!

I also received a cookbook and a Janet Frame's poetry and short-fiction book from my sis and bro-in-law and our dear close friends when we had a lunch gathering on Sunday, somewhere in Green Bay. It was Spanish menu. KA cooked paella, spanish veggie stews, poached chickens sprinkled with pinenuts, and beans salad. I loved her veggie stews. She baked me a nice lemon syrup cake for after-lunch. It was just right with a small sweet on the side of the plate. Lovely.

And this morning, my Philipine friend, Bernie, came for a visit with her new friend, Pauline who just moved to her neighbourhood. She is an English. We had a nice chat and I served them the cake and a batch of blueberry muffins. Pauline was very kind as she baked me a small loaf of gingerbread, which was wonderful.

Surely, there's another year passed by, and truly, I will never stop baking my own cake until I can't make it anymore. Take it as a prayer.

2 comments:

Budi Sutomo, S.Pd said...

ngiler deh lihat mixernya............salam kenal juga.

HomeMadeS said...

wakakakakss... adaaaa yg ngiler sama mixer yaaa!!! thanks, bud.