December 06, 2006

morning tea goodies-NZBBP



It's always our morning ritual to have breakfast followed by going down the far paddock to feed the chooks. If John's not home, it's my task to check our mailbox afterwards. So, off we went, the three of us, checking our mailbox. And I had a feeling that my parcel would arrive today. Ben was running down the driveway and the first who opened the mailbox, followed by my exclamations "WOW! From Christchurch! It's Bron!" The stickers on the parcel made me smile, Bron and the children were making this noise 'huaaaaooooowwwww!' And Ben said "it's from Mum's friend." He was very keen on opening it firsthand.



Quickly we went back home, hung our hats on (it's a beautiful day today), and opened the parcel. And I knew it was morning tea time. I asked the children to sit at the table while I was putting the jug on. They were too happy to decline, sitting there until I came out to the deck again with three cups of tea.



The macaroons-wrapped and shaped nicely into a Christmas crackers-were nice, Bron! First bite I thought it was coconut essence you put it, but then I realize it was almond essence. Taste so almondy. Delicious for the first attempt! I would love to have more when you've become Pierre Herme. The mini pies were filled with Pecans, dropped with a little mixture of chocolate-caramel and topped with drizzled dark chocolate. I love it! My darlings had two each! The packet was gone!




And what made them happy the most was the lollypos and finger puppets, made by Bron's girls! Quickly they know which one is which. They were even singing with their finger waving in the air! Thank you,girls!



I usually have Earl Grey tea with a half slice of orange and a dash of freshly squeezed orange juice. And I think the Manuka Honey Walnut was just perfect to end our morning tea! I will use Bron's smoked salt to marinate the chicken tonight and I'll grill them with a bowl of green salads drizzled with Hazelnut Oil. What a treat!





Thanks heaps, Bron!!!

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Such lovely goodies Arfi. Bron made macaroons. I'm impressed. Sounds like you ate them all before John got home!!

Bron said...

So pleased to hear you liked my parcel Arfi, your two little ones are sooo cute!

Arfi Binsted said...

barbara: hehehe... Well, John is not a good pies or macaroons eater, he just loves bars of Camarello or Milky or Scorched Almonds. So, we don't bother to leave some for him.

bron: we love them, Bron! we think they are, really.

CĂ©line said...

Did someone say Macarons? You're very lucky Arfi!!! What is pink filling?

Arfi Binsted said...

Celine, I was very lucky indeed!! I think the pink icing is made from icing and a liquid, plus a dash of food coloring. It was sweet, for sure!

Emma said...

So beautiful! The parcel, your children and your story!

Bron said...

The filling was pink ganache, made with Whittakers white chocolate, cream and essence of almond :-)
I will send you some more Arfi, when I perfect the technique!

Arfi Binsted said...

emma: thanks to you who's such a good organizer!! hugs!

Arfi Binsted said...

bron: forgive me for misleading with the information. just glad it's made from chocolate!!! my fav!