January 19, 2007

Hay Hay It's Donna Hay-Souffle

Tami of Running with Tweezers is the host of HHDH 2007-Souffle theme. I've been missing this kind of events last year and the year before, so I thought I'll be ready this year. I'll start with this one.

Actually, this is my first attempt baking souffle. For the sake of curiosity, I was tempted to bake both savoury and sweet versions, however I will only post the savoury one for this challenge.

I thought I made it well. The mixture was rising as soon as were put in the hot oven. I just loved watching it.

And here's the result.



The recipe I took was from Tami's page, but I didn't put spinach in it. I had some leftover vegetables we had from last night, so I just chopped them and sautee them with onions and garlics, seasoned with blackpepper and salt, layered them on the bottom of the dish, then pour over the cheese mixture. I think I couldn't go wrong. Hearty on the base and airy, cheesy sponge on top. It was delicious!

6 comments:

cookingchat said...

that looks good. I must say I've been intimidated a bit about making soufles. Do you make them a lot, looks like this came out well.

BTW, thanks for stopping by Cooking Chat. If you're on a food blogging event roll, please join in for the first Leftover Tuesday coming up!

JF said...

Am droolinggg....

Barbara said...

Looks fabulous Arfi.

Arfi Binsted said...

cookingchat: i was looking for the event. thanks for dropping in.

June: uhmmm...

Barbara: thanks. yeah... it was delicious as well!

rachel said...

This challenge was my first time attempting a souffle also. I'm impressed you attempted both savory and sweet. I think I'll try a few more savory ones and save the sweet when I have some more people around to eat it. I bet the sweet ones end up very sweet and rich.

joey said...

That looks great! And I love the idea of putting some chopped veggies on the bottom :)