January 22, 2007

Leftover Tuesdays-Baked Frittatta

David of Cooking Chat had initiated this idea. Frankly saying, I do re-cook my leftovers and it's often after we'd had a festive or a roast, either chicken, lamb, or beef. Each leftover is special and will turn to another special dish. Well, it's much rather be on the plate than dumped into the chooks' bucket.

Anyway, last time I had a roast chicken and vegetables. What was left was the debris of chicken wings with other parts which I suppose could be turned into something else to be enjoyed by the rest of the family. And also I still have three roast potatoes, and one slice of kumara (sweet poatato), 5 cloves roast garlic, and some small slices of onions.

What came to my mind was something really simple that I could just then relax without further journeying another long cooking time, and that will be a frittatta. Baked one would be good. So, here's what I did.

Baked Leftover Vegetables Frittatta

5 large eggs
1 cup leftover chicken, shredded
3 cooked potatoes, chopped
1 slice kumara, chopped
2 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
5 cloves roast garlic
slices of onions
freshly cracked blackpepper
1 Tbs cream
1/2 cup grated Cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a shallow dish and grease well. Whisk together the eggs and cream until fluffy. Add in all the ingredients, season well. Baked until cooked. Serve warm with chutney and greens.


cookingchat said...

looks good, thanks for participating in the first Leftover Tuesdays!

Arfi Binsted said...

David-thanks to you! good job!