June 14, 2007

Sweet Smoked Paprika Chicken with Venison Sausage and Couscous Salad


By the time I saw Donna Hay Magazine's latest issue which she cooked chicken with smoked paprika and chorizo, I thought I did the right thing. I currently fall in love with this little jar of sweet smoked paprika Emma of the Laughing Gastronome sent me last time as the part of NZBBP Easter Edition. I love the flavour it gives to the dish.

I have created my own sweet smoked paprika chicken and have also posted it. Donna made hers with chorizo sausages and I thought that would be fun to add sausages. I adapted her idea to re-create my previous sweet smoked paprika chicken baked with venison sausages and lemon. This dish was eaten with couscous salad.

I made the same dish for everyone as we were celebrating my dear friend's birthday on Sunday last weekend. I could see that everyone loved this dish. Thanks to Emma who introduced me to this little jar of smoked paprika.

[Ellen loved the basket, I was so thrilled].

You can see my sweet smoked paprika chicken here, and simply add venison sausages or any sausages your choice.

The couscous salad I made was just the humble buttered couscous [when you mix couscous with hot water, put the a dot of butter and cover until couscous is fluffy] mixed with Spanish onion, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, a handful of fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of good olive oil. You may add lemon zest an a drizzle of lemon juice if you'd like.

Last Call for Cook and Eat Meat event. Please send your entry by 16 June 2007 to cookandeatmeat(at)gmail(dot)com.



2 comments:

Barbara said...

It all looks wonderful Arfi. I'm sorry we couldn't be there.

Arfi Binsted said...

it's alright, Barb. next time we will! take care.