August 17, 2007

HHDH #14-Gnocchi



I watched Jamie Oliver's show when he was traveling to Italy. He went to a suburb where the women and children with skilled hands make piles of home-made gnocchi. I was wondering myself if I could ever make those.

Then Lynn of Cafe Lynnylu has chosen gnocchi as the theme of HHDH#14, I almost have to challenge myself if I can do it. It wasn't that easy, I believe, as the dough is not as doughy as I thought before, 
on the other hand, it's very soft which contains more cheese than flour.

However, I made it. The recipe I adapted from Lynn's blog.

6 comments:

Anh said...

Arfi, your gnocchi looks wonderful! Well-done for first try!!! :)

Barbara said...

That look wonderful Arfi. What sauce did you serve with them? Thanks for participating in HHDD.

Chris said...

Your gnocchi look yummy - great picture!

Hillary (of Chew on That) said...

I had gnocchi for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I was disappointed! This looks great, but for some reason I didn't like my first gnocchi experience. I thought I would love it too because I love pierogies which are potato filled pasta shells too...

Arfi Binsted said...

anh: i surprise myself hehehe. thanks!

barbara: i made oregano butter and mixed them up with roast kumara and potatoes, eaten with crusty bread and a good bowlful of greens.

chris: i'm a learner, i dare say hehehe... thanks.

hillary: you can always try out again, hillary. practice makes perfect, so to say hehehe... cheers.

Annemarie said...

I'm very, very impressed with your gnocchi stripey marks. Mine went all mush when I tried the same; little rectangles it had to be for me.