August 26, 2007

Home-made Lemonade


I am going to a party, where I am going to meet my buddies.

YAY! And September means Spring here in New Zealand. We've been celebrating the sunny weather these three days. Although it's a bit chilly in the morning and evening, still the sun is bright and warming us up. I think I am going to bring a jug, no, a barrel of lemonade for all of you to enjoy. I am picking lemons which are very much in season, and I boil the grated skins with cupfuls of white sugar to give nice, tangy, lemony and sweet lemonade before I squeeze the juice in. I put plentiful of ice cubes, slice more lemons thinly and throw in handfuls of fresh mint I pick from my herb garden. I am hoping Ivonne and Lis will be okay with this home-made lemonade and all of you will enjoy it as well on this September La Festa al Freso 2007!

I am going to a party, will anyone want to come with me?

11 comments:

Ivonne said...

Arfi,

I for one am thrilled that you're coming to la festa and that you're bringing such a lovely, refreshing beverage!

Thank you so much for taking part!

Jen said...

YUM lemonade and YAYE warmer weather

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

I love home made lemonade! I like to put a little bit of lavendar in it just for a little extra something! Hope you have a wondeful party, Arfi!

Sylvia said...

Oh !! September meas cold and windy days in Argentina too,my favorite season and when the time is more warm I will do these fantastic lemonade. Thanks for visit my blog

Arfi Binsted said...

Hello Sylvia. Nice to see your here too. Cheers!

Arfi Binsted said...

jenn: oh that's an interesting touch. i grow french lavender here. i wonder what kind of lavender you put in.

Arfi Binsted said...

Ivonne: I'm also excited to be able to meet everyone!

Jen: Yes, definitely the weather is improving!

Barbara said...

I'll see you there Arfi! There is a special food quality lavender. You should be able to get it at a plant store. It is different to the regular lavender.

Arfi Binsted said...

barbara: oh, i thought it can be used with french or english ones hehehe.. thanks for the info, barb!!

Lis said...

Be okay? Heck, Arfi - I am estatic that you are bringing such a refreshing beverage to the Festa!!

Thank you so much, sweetie!

xoxo

Lia said...

sammaaa.... bulan lalu aku bikin lemon squash from fresh lemon, tapi pake lemon lokal wanginya gak nendang huhuhu... lemon sekilo gula sekilo, cuman dapet asemnya gak dapet wanginya, akhirnya terpaksa ditambah lemon flavornya martin braun, nonjookkk dehhh...