December 20, 2007

Click: Show Your Nuts

I have heard about Click Photo Event for quite a while, but I quite like this month's theme. Well, yeah, I'd like to go nuts sometimes. So, here I am showing you my nuts, just like what Jai and Bee want!

I am an average photographer but I do care about quality, although quality can be different from one view to another. It's hard sometimes to hit the button, but I can always learn.

I have taken several shots for this theme and I am choosing this photo to come up on top. I just like the colour showing off quite naturally. I only use a standard lens 18-55mm kit with the Canon EOS 400D as the main hardware, and you bet I do move closer to the object. I also don't have a tripod so I have to work hard not to move while shooting and I am trying to support my arms on the benchtop. I am using the natural light as the sun is shining here in New Zealand. We're in Summer, remember?


bee said...

thank you for participating. lovely picture. see you at the roundup.

Arfi Binsted said...

hi, Bee! thanks for dropping in!


Do you say yourself as an average photographer?!
I am really feeling proud to hear from you..thanx for dropping a line in my blog.
Your pictures are awesome..!

Dhanggit said...

oh my!! what a great shot!! your photo just made me regret my click entry!!! ha ha ha better luck next time for glad to discover your site too :-)

sunita said...

That is indeed a very natural looking picture...good job :-)

Deborah said...

What a wonderful photo!! I keep wanting to participate, but then time just keeps passing so quickly!!

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog yesterday. It really meant a lot to me and made my day!

Happy cook said...

Nice pic the green colour is so beautiful

KALVA said...

Nice one.. Like the colors!

Arfi Binsted said...

Raks: Thanks so much for dropping by and yes, I am still learning. I think we learn from each other through this event, don't you think?

Dhanggit: hehehe... thanks, I take that as a compliment.

Sunita: Thanks, my dear.

Deborah: All I said was coming from the heart. Thanks all the same to you!

Happy Cook: thank you!

Kalva: thank you! I do, too.

Good luck everyone with the entries!

So Simple said...

Lovely photo
Maybe we can get together next year after the long hopefully hot holidays
It’s been a wonderful blogging year.
I have much inspiration from so many like-minded cooks.
This is to wish you a Very Merry Christmas/Holidays and a Fabulous 2008
Looking forward to lots more contact in the New Year
Cheers Gilli

Dhivya said...

Cool pic Arfi. Thanks for dropping by, thereby making me wise abt your site. My reply to ur query which I have given in my site..

"I have mentioned in the post in Step:3.

Anyways, it takes abt 2-3min of whisking time. You can infuse with vanilla bean or simply with vanilla extract.:)"

Arfi Binsted said...

Gilli, yes that's a very good idea. We'll harvest the fruits almost every day in January-February. We should keep in touch!!