January 23, 2008

Hay Hay It's Donna's Pizza!




The weather has been really unpleasant these past two days. We've been receiving strong wind which should not be happening in Summer when we should be enjoying the heat of the sun. On the other hand, the rain gives good drops for the dry ground, although it's not much, I suppose, it's better than none. However, strong wind is a great enemy for the caterpillars because they often are blown and dropped to the ground. I found out that we've lost two caterpillars (out of 92—so far) already caused by the strong wind. The good news are there are first 4 pupas (cocoon) found and more of the big and fat ones are at present getting really quite and separating themselves from the crowd to search for a good spot to hang upside-down, to be ready to spin its wax around and start the next cycle of life. They usually hang on the back of a leaf.



The kids are so excited now watching the caterpillars grow from eggs until pupas, better than last year when they showed less interest. They always check the caterpillars up everytime they wake up in the morning and whenever they feel like to during the day. They enjoy counting how many possible monarch butterflies they can keep or watch hatched out coming from their garden. A good science for littlies, really. I keep jotting down the butterfly-to-be on my calendar and of course, taking pictures to archive for their photobooks that they can keep for their whole life.

Back to the kitchen, I start doing the baking again. Started with pizza which I made for the club's third challenge taken from a different recipe, I think I can feel the affection for baking comes back. Yes, I lost my baking mojo (how this thing happens, I have no idea, but Bruno as well is kind of attacked by the similar blues) for quite some time. If you can see I haven't posted any baking stuffs, that's because I was tired of it, got no mood to start, whatsoever. I am just happy that it is not last that long. I am back on baking track again and for sure, you can expect some sweets from my kitchen in the future! YAY!


I am sending this as an entry for HHDH#17 , hosted by Joey of 80 Breakfast.

Find the recipe here. I just used my own topping: using leftover sausages, tomato paste, kalamata olive, and chopped basil. My kids just love them with chopped pineapple and tomato paste with smoked chicken. We have pizza with home-made chips and a bowl of salad. Usual serving, really.

10 comments:

Poonam said...

Looks delicious!
-Poonam

Barbara said...

Arfi thanks for participating. I bet the kids love your pizza. That wind is really strong by the look of the trees.

Bruno said...

Hi Arfi,

Glad to hear your baking mojo has returned! Your pizzas look terrific!!

Arfi Binsted said...

poonam: thank you for dropping by.

Barb: yes, it was a strong wind. some branches of the aidisha tree at mum's place were fallen down. luckily, we have none but my roses young shoots!

bruno: yes, I'm looking forward for more baking in the future. hope you'll be getting your cooking mojo back, bruno. wish you all the best.

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

Hi Arfi...honestly, this looks great. Am still trying to master the art of making a 'good' pizza at home (I mean the base). Love the caterpillar too...my kids would have been ecstatic too.ONE DAY...

Suzana said...

Hi Arfi, your pizza looks yummy! I love pineapple & smoked chicken too but this version sounds delicious.

joey said...

Your pizza looks delicious! And the photos and descriptions of the caterpillars and pupas are just adorable :) I'm sure your kids will love to look back on that :)

Thanks for participating in HHDD!

Coffee & Vanilla said...

Beautiful pizza :)
And amazing pictures of the caterpillar!
Have a great weekend, Margot

Sofie said...

mba arfi...
hmmmmmm... yummmyyyy deh keliatannya :) *pasti doonk..*
seperti biasalah.. punya ibu mods mah te-o-pe deh.. btw, ini yang buat kbb#3 juga kan?
:)

Arfi Binsted said...

Deeva: thanks. my kids love the caterpillars as well. they check them up each day.

Suzana: chicken and pineapple do taste really good!

Joey: thanks. yes, they love them hehehe...

Margot: thanks!

Sofie: bukan, ini resep Donna Hay. untuk KBB aku posting di MP. http://foodngarden.multiply.com/recipes/