February 15, 2008

Announcing: Cupcakes Spectacular 2008!

I believe that everyone of us has taken cupcakes to be one of many options to entertain, serve, or even make business of. Many cupcakes are made in simple cups, other are in pretty printed paper cases. Many of us serve them iced/frosted, others just love to have them plain, just to enjoy the flavour with a cup of tea or coffee. Elegant tiers of wedding cupcakes are as a central attention can be some soluble improvement, or perhaps a discovery to substitute, maybe replace, the old-fashioned fruit cake. Children party can't be as merry as colourful decorated cupcakes. And there are cupcakes with adult flavour, using your favourite alcohol or some flavourings you yourself adore.

Cupcakes are as easy to make as 1, 2, 3 and they include just simple ingredients that seem every pantry in any households can deal with. As you see, there are many possibilites a little fairy cake can do with only handy ingredients. So, let's make a party of cupcakes, all of us, and help me to make them real! Let's make Spectacular Cupcakes 2008!

Here are things you can do:

  • Make and bake your favourite cupcakes using any flavour you wish, any recipe you may find works so well for you. Gluten-free cupcakes and eggless cupcakes are accepted!

  • All cupcakes MUST be decorated with any icing/frosting you may find tasty to combine with the base flavour of the cupcakes. You can play around with buttercream, whipped cream, cream cheese, sugarpaste, marzipan, simple icing sugar, fresh fruits, or sprinkle them with your favourite edible glitters or chocolate shavings, all the things your imagination and creative minds can do! Spill your ideas all on to your cupcakes! Make them pretty and edible.

  • Take a photo of your cupcakes, make them special as yours is going to be one of the spectacular cupcakes in the world!

  • Post the photo and recipe (step by step may well do!) and send them to me at arfi(dot)binsted(at)gmail(dot)com with title Spectacular Cupcakes 2008, with the following data: your name, your location, your blog (include the URL), your post and post link, and a photo of 150pxl (only, please), with the latest entry on 15 March 2008, 12a.m. New Zealand (Auckland) Time.

  • Please, feel free to use the logo. Choose which logo is desired: 200pxls and 150pxls.



200 pxls


150 pxls


I will leave it up to you to fill those empty paper cases and look forward to your participation!

Thank you, Andrew to put the event on IMBB!


Happy Baking!

30 comments:

rita bellnad said...

hokuehhh...count me in....

mindoel said...

Eggless: thank you for thinking of me ;)) I think I can participate since I have flour now, it's self-raising-flour, but better than nothing.

Deborah said...

What a great event! I will be participating, as I am making cupcakes for family member's birthdays this year. I have to make my MIL's this weekend!

Chris said...

Woohoo! I am on board. I just saw some I wanted to try while reading a magazine and getting my pedicure. :) Can't wait!

Coffee & Vanilla said...

Very interesting event, I will try to participate! :)

Have a good weekend, Margot

p.s. I never made cupcake yet... I mean I made muffins but I have never topped them with anything...

Tartelette said...

Great idea...my head is already spinning!

Arfi Binsted said...

Guyz! Thank you all, and I am looking forward you to joining me! Soooo excited!

Bron said...

Count me in too Arfi!

Aran Goyoaga said...

Count me in! This is going to be fun now that Spring is right around the corner!

LyB said...

Such a wonderful idea, you've got my imagination going! And I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Arfi Binsted said...

Great, people!! I can't wait to see all the entries! I am just sure, there are a lot of creative people out there!

Amy said...

Oh, I want to join in too! I will have to make mine a weekend early since we are moving that weekend. Now, which ones will I make. HMMM...

Sheila said...

Ikuuuut!

PheMom said...

Hi Arfi! I'm in! I have a few ideas in mind. This sounds really fun!
Holly

Arfi Binsted said...

Amy, Sheila, Holly!! Welcome onboard!! Get excited what you're going to come up with. YAYAYAYAYAYYYYY!

Agata said...

Great idea. Me and my family love cupcakes, with tea, caffee, for snack at school, for breakfast, after lunch, while watchig TV, while sad or happy:):)

Hervin said...

mb arfi, aku jg pengen ikutan walaupun masih amatiran banget :) btw, mesti ditulis pake bhs inggriskah? atau boleh pake bhs Ind? :D

C.L. said...

Ooohh, I can't wait, my first blogger event! The challenge will be not eating them. I guess I can just take them to work? Nahh, my boys would kill me. Can't wait! Thanks for the opportunity :)

C.L.
http://fieldsofcake@blogspot.com

Kelsie said...

Your Cupcake Spectacular sounds really cool. I'm going to try and enter!

Arfi Binsted said...

Agata, Hervin, C.L. and Kelsie: I'm getting soooooooooo excited!! Will wait for your creations!
cheers,
ab

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

Woohoo Arfi...have an idea buzzing for yr spectacular event. Great idea!! Will post it soon!! Lol

Minko said...

How many Spectacuar Cupcakes can we bake?

Jessica said...

I was planning on making some red-velvet cupcakes anyway. So maybe I'll just submit for the heck of it!

Arfi Binsted said...

Deeba: yes, a great entry you did there!! thanks a lot!

Minko: as many as you wish!!

Jessica: go ahead, girl!! will look forward for your participation!

Annina said...

thanks for this challenge! sent you my recipe just a few minutes ago! hope you get it!! :-)

greetings, annina

Kate / Kajal said...

Oh what a wonderful event. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will surely enter my cupcakes.

prtybrd said...

Oh! This will fit in perfectly with my ongoing chocolate fetish!

http://savemechocolate.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

Whew! Hope I made it in time!!! THis is my first attempt at cupcakes and it was fun! :D

Arfi Binsted said...

Aninna, Kate and Cynthia, thanks for the entries!!

prtybrd: will look forward for your entry!!

dj's house said...

Huuaaaa.... posting ku gak masuk di link :o(