February 24, 2008

Cupcakes for Daddy



My oldest son is 5 years and 2 months, and my youngest daughter is 3 years and 7 months. They both are homeschoolers (although my daughter sometimes goes to a pre-school near home) and really are enjoying drawing, painting, counting, and writing (so, if I'm not visiting you yet, please remember, I am still home-schooling my kids).

They love books and do love exploring (remember the amazing moments with Monarch Butterflies? They watched, observed, and recorded! Little scientists they are). Last Wednesday, they got really excited to learn that their father was having a birthday. They urged me to guide them how-to write “happy birthday, daddy” on a piece of paper that they can use as greeting cards (which were then laminated by JSB). I just write the figures or alphabets on my own book, they copied them on their paper, handwritten (as you can see on the picture). So we finished it, that night, when their father was still sitting somewhere in the living room. They were whispering, not wanting their daddy hearing what they had been planning for him. We wrapped the cards with the present and they just could not wait until the next morning to show their daddy what they had done for him. Cards, presents and cupcakes.



These little cupcakes are Ben and Sarah's entry.

I am still waiting for your entry to join me the excitement of Cupcakes Spectacular 2008 and help me to make it happen!

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely cupcakes arfi. Lucky John to have them for breakfast. I'll be making cupcakes this week.

Joy the Baker said...

That's a darling story, and very cute cupcakes!

linda said...

How cute! Have your Cupcake Spectacular on my to-do list...

Chris said...

How wonderful! Lovely lil' cakes...

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Arfi,
Just wanted to let you know there's an award for you on my site. :)
Also, it's only 4:17 am, and I'm sooo wanting one of those cupcakes right now!

Deborah said...

Your children sound wonderful!!

Arfi Binsted said...

Barbara: hehehe yeah special day receives special treats!

Joy: thanks!!

Linda: Can't wait to see what you're going to come up with! YAY!

Chris: not so much effort, really. they just did it!

Susan: Thanks for the awards, that means something to me. congrats to you too.

Deborah: they are!

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

Hi Arfi...how sweet the kids are. Can well imagine their excitement! Lovely cupcakes too...just read about the event & will try & get there. I've tagged you for a wierd meme too! Cheers!!

Arfi Binsted said...

Hi, Deeba!
I certainly will look forward for your participating on the event!
Will have a look at the meme. thanks!
ab.