May 26, 2008

HHDH#20: Playing with Choux


Our first task of Indonesian Baking Club was under choux pastry category. I thought everyone's results on making Paris-Brest was pretty impressive. There were variations using one same recipe.

Gougeres are Paris-Brest cousin, I suppose, so I cook them to fit in the theme Choux for HHDH#20 hosted by Suzanna of Home Gourmets.

gougeres

From the recipe provided, I only used the choux based and added 50g raclette cheese (Cheddar is okay) and 2 Tbs finely chopped Italian parsley. As soon as they are baked and removed from the oven, I sprinkle ground smoked paprika. They are superb for appetizer or packed for picnic!

I also want to update the Books for Love auctions that I am organizing, in case you're interested in participating or donating your books.


Ice Cream Book (sold)
Daddy's Long Legs (sold)
What to Expect When You're Expecting (sold)

Permainan Yang Mencerdaskan Bayi
Buttercream: Cake Bingkisan Hari Raya dan Ulang Tahun (sold)
Easy Fish & Seafood (sold)
Kiwi Kitchen with Richard Till (sold)
Hunger for The Wild (sold)
The Art of Sugarcraft: Royal Icing (sold)
Passion Chocolat (sold)
1 set of Margaret Fulton's Cookbooks (sold)

Kehamilan Apa Yang Anda Hadapi Bulan per Bulan
Harry Potter: The Deathly Hollows
Cara Merawat Anak-Anak
Tumimbal Lahir
The Story of Zahra
Cara Baru Mendidik Anak Sejak Dalam Kandungan
Jejak-Jejak Jejaka dan Mimi Elektrik
Time and Again
Thai Cooking Book
Fine Patchwork & Quilting

I am so glad that many Indonesian bloggers are participating on this event, raising fund for cancer kids in Indonesia. We don't really put any target as I do believe that generosity does not have to be underlined on amount of money, however, as I say, even a dollar does count.

One thing that makes me put more hope on international bloggers that the fact I do believe there are still many people out there who care about other people. Christelle Le Ru is one of gourmet author in New Zealand. She's a French and she helps Books for Love project by donating 10 copies of her books. How generous of her and I thank her so much that she takes part on this.

8 comments:

linda said...

I love choux, and I especially love the additions you made! Delicious! Plan on making some choux too, I'll save some dough to make cheese ones.

Bron said...

Mmmm Arfi...I adore choux and gougères are perfect comfort food I think. Love the sprinkling of paprika!

Cakelaw said...

Savoury choux - sounds wonderful!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you did a savory choux, Arfi. Now, you've got me thinking.... :)

ChichaJo said...

Your gougères sound delicious! I must make this savory choux one day :)

Angela said...

They look delicious. Love the sprinkle of paprika!

talida said...

They sound delicious (and look beautiful) :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

They sound delicious! I really love your pictures!