May 10, 2008

Lemon Posset

First of all,

calendula


Happy Mother's Day, Mums!
I am thinking of you all today.




Back to business, Helen of Tartelette is hosting Sugar High Friday #43 this month with the theme fits the season here in New Zealand. As our citrus trees are growing and becoming fruitful each month, I should not skip the chance to make one of my favourite desserts for this event.

lemon posset #1

I do love dessert which is a small in quantity but big on flavour. My choice of dessert of all is something creamy: creme brulee, creme caramel, flan de Naranja, and posset, you name it! I can lick the last cream lingered on the spoon, without being disgraceful. Well, I will manage.

Helen, this is for you.

Lemon Spiced Posset

lemon posset #2

300ml cream
100g sugar (can add more if you want it sweeter)
zest of 2 lemons
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 stick cinnamon
6 whole cloves

lemon posset #3

Put the cream in a saucepan with lemon zest, cinnamon and cloves. Heat and bring to boil. Simmer for a minute. Remove from the stove and let rest for at least 30 minutes. Strain and discard the spices and lemon zest. Re-heat and add in sugar. Boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes or until the mixture is slightly thicken. Add in the lemon juice. Stir well. Remove from the stove and pour into 4 small ramekins. Cover and let rest in the fridge for several hours until the mixture is set. Serve cold with chocolate and coconut shaves (actually, this finish touch is up to you). Makes 4.

14 comments:

Lynnylu said...

Lovely photographs and the lemon posset looks great.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

My husband just walked over to the computer and said, "Wow! Those pictures look like they're right out of a magazine." Really, Arfi, they are gorgeous. You continue to inspire me. :)

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

Of course I'm making this as soon as I possibly can...you dear dear YUMMY MUMMY!!! Love your post Arfi...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you too! What a fab recipe...& no eggs...YAY!!! Lov & hugs

Arfi Binsted said...

Lynn: thank you. the posset is very nice!!

Susan: I'm blushed :D thank you. That what's blogging all about: to inspire and to be inspired. Cheers to your husband!

Deeba: yes, the good news is this lemon posset is eggless!!

eliza said...

happy mother's day to you too Fi. indeed, what lovely pictures you have here!

Cakelaw said...

How lovely Arfi. I love a dessert which is small on quantity and big on flavour too, and this look as though it really delivers.

Tartelette said...

Thank you for your entry Arfi! It looks wonderful! It's been too long since I have made posset...delicious!

ranji said...

Hi arfi..thank u for stopping by my site...NUts are used greatly in many indian dishes.they make the dish so rich and creamy!!!..

this lemon spiced posset is soooooo delicous arfi!!and its eggless wow!!that just gives me a boost to try it out today itsself..will let u know how it came out:).thanks for sharing..
You have a great blog here..great collection of recipes.. ..i will keep visiting ur site regularly now..

Deborah said...

I am a pushover for anything lemon, and this looks amazing!

Mandira said...

lemon posset looks delicious arfi! I don't make naan as much as I like too... here is a recipe of garlic naan that I posted last year http://ahaar.blogspot.com/2007/03/garlic-sesame-naan.html

Evelin said...

Posset? Never heard of it! But as I'm your kind of person (cremy desserts this way, please!) then I'll sure be trying this one soon enough!
Thanks!

Arfi Binsted said...

I thought I have replied everyone here. What have I done?

Eliza: thanks, mate!

Helen: hehehe are you tempted to make it again?

Ranji: Hey, thanks stopping by my blog! Nice to know you.

Deborah: hahaha can't resist posset though!

Mandira: I've tried that recipe and I failed it hehehe... I should try it again... that adds more list on my agenda. Phew!

Evelin: good for you! I can guarantee you'll come back for more!

culinarytravelsofakitchengoddess said...

Lovely photography :) That dessert just screams of summer!

Arfi Binsted said...

thank you :) i think this is a versatile dessert. summer is great and winter is not impossible hehehe