Ruri, we'll be missing you and will always remember you as a good person and a lovely friend. Farewell, my friend. Rest in Peace.
This is my tribute to Ruri. Please tag with "ruri" or "tribute to ruri" if you'd like to join with me. If you're not an Indonesian and can't read Indonesian, you still are able to give a tribute by creating your own dish in the regards of Ruri by tagging the same words. Thank you.
Indonesian can be viewed here.
Source : mbak Ita NCC
2 Cup caster sugar
1 cup orange juice (atau 1/4 cup orange concentrate + 1/4 cup water)
2 Cup plain flour + 1 tsp Baking powder, sift
1 Cup ground almond
14 egg yolks
4 egg whites
(otherwise, use 6 whole eggs to reduce colesterol intake, whisk loosely)
- Put the butter, sugar and orange juice in a saucepan and heat the mixture until the butter is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the flour and ground almond in a large bowl, make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the butter mixture, whisk slowly until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the eggs, mix well.
- Pour into 3 triplet 24cm tins.
- Put in the oven until well baked.
25g orange concentrate
1 Tbs melted butter
Put cornflour, sugar and water in a saucepan, cook until thicken, add in the orange concentrate and melted butter. Whisk until well-mixed and smooth.
- Sandwich the cake with the filing
- Decorate with fresh fruits, if you like