October 28, 2008

Pink and My Deep Condolensce

rest in peace

My heart broke when yesterday Bee sent me a message that Brianna has gone. She died of cancer. Farewell, dear girl. Rest in Peace.

It's quite sad and quite a gloomy feeling to feel. I've lost my grandmother and my dear friend Ruri, both died of cancer. And I am still haunted by this disease because somehow it is already in my body, genetically coming from my grandmother and my mother (you may read my story here). I am just hoping this won't go to my children. Oh, I do hope so.

my pink brests for Pink October

In this sequence, I meant to post my entry for Pink Paris Bre(a)st for Pink October hosted by my fellow Kiwi blogger, Bron Marshall before I heard the news about Bri. Therefore, I'd love to give a tribute through this event for Brianna.

I have no trouble in making Paris Brest, as this happened to be KBB first challenge, although we used different recipe. On this event, I made the Paris-Brest using the recipe Bron has provided.

my pink brests2 for Pink October

I am also lighting the candles for you who are celebrating Diwali, the festival of lights. I still remember how pretty it was at the Aotea Square when we were all celebrating Diwali. The Malaysian people who had a food stall there sold a beautiful beef satay. Lovely.

happy diwali

Happy Diwali!

16 comments:

Bron said...

Oh wow, these are absolutely gorgeous Arfi, thank you so much for supporting my Pink Paris Brests event

Happy cook said...

I was also saddend when i heard the news.When i woke up today morning i was thinking about bir and saying to myself, she was so young.
I just read your story about your battle. I do hope you are alright now.
And talking about iron deficiency I have them still. Two month when i went for a blood checkup, my doctor was shocked to see how low i was and now he has given me a powder and a tablet to take for two month and in a week i have to ge and see him to see if it has gotten better.
I don't like to eat red meat , even though i cook them for my hubby and daughter.

Y said...

Very sad news, Arfi!

Ivy said...

I was informed the same way you were Arfi and I was distressed even if I did not know her at all.

Mandira said...

Sorry to hear the news too Arfi. Happy diwali to you and your family too!

Peter G said...

Your tribute is beautiful Arfi...may Bri rest in peace.

browniegirl said...

Beautiful tribute.....such sad news about Bri and what a great loss. I love your styling and photos of your paris brest....xxx

Cakelaw said...

This a beautiful tribute to Bri, Arfi - amazing photography, as ever.

Happy Diwali to you.

Kitchen Flavours said...

As they say happiness and sadness are two sides of one coin. Your post is the perfect example. Miss you Bri. Nice recipe for Good cause.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I didn't realize Brianna had passed. I am so saddened and touched by your heart-felt tribute, Arfi. My thoughts are with her loved ones.

Patricia Scarpin said...

I had no idea. That is such a loss.

Zita said...

Sad news and a great loss :(
a very beautiful condolence!

So Simple said...

Arfi once again your heart shines through. This is a lovely tribute to Brianna.
Beautiful photos...I bet they tasted good as well.

ovenhaven said...

Thos brests look so exquisite, Arfi! A beautiful tribute to the warm and generous Bri. My thoughts be with Marc and her loved ones.

Yasmeen said...

May her soul rest in peace.Beautiful tribute.

Thip said...

Beautiful thought, Arfi.
Congrats for DMBLGIT.