October 20, 2008

SHF: Churros con Chocolate

I've been making churros with Spanish chocolate pot when I am intensely craving for it, no matter what season I am currently in. It's just like giving the right answer for whatever questioning it. Hormones? Well, beats me. We, women, love to be indulged or indulge ourselves, sometimes. Don't we, ladies?

churros

Photographed few months back but could not find the time to post them, this is my entry for Sugar High Friday, originally created by Jennifer of Domestic Goddess and this month is hosted by Anita of Desserts First.

IMG_1620

I like using the recipe from Dish magazine. You can find the recipe here. It's the sensational fragrance of cinnamon in the chocolate pot merged with the nutmeg coated churros oh-so-heavenly tastes that makes me come back for more. What else? A handsome black-eyed Spanish prince, maybe?

More spices:

Lapis Legit

Kolache
Spanish Cinnamon Doughnuts with Chocolate Pots

16 comments:

Happy cook said...

Oh yes I love to indulge myself especialy with chocolates.
Well i can indulge in the chocolate, and about the spanish prince, we one can dreame can't we ;-)

Maryann said...

What's not to love :)

Peter G said...

Exactly. What's not to love? Cinnamon, nutmeg, hot donuts....mmmmm

Meeta said...

Gorgeous! A great combination!

Patricia Scarpin said...

My PMS makes me crave sweets like a crazy person, Arfi. :)

I love these churros - they look so delicate!

Farhan said...

The photo is amazingly beautiful!

Ivy said...

First time I've heard of churros but they sound great. Lovely shots.

Arfi Binsted said...

Happy Cook: prince? hehehe I've got blue-eyed English prince, and that is the one I love ;))

Maryann: as well as the taste!

P: yeah, mate! you've got the idea hehehe...

Meeta: Agreed!

Patricia: Oh, believe, Pat. Mine does make me like a dragon with killer fire-balls hehehe

Farhan: thank you!

Ivy: this is a popular dish from Spain. If you love dark chocolate scented with spices, Ivy, you should dive in it!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

We have churros available everywhere in San Diego, but yours look better than any I have seen. :)

Passionate About Baking said...

I'd better get real AB...a handsome black-eyed Spanish prince? I think I'll settle for these delights!! They are really indulgent.

nicisme said...

Oh how I would love to munch on that churro now, looks so crisp and that chocolate pot is mmmmm....!

Tartelette said...

Yum! I just made churros for us since it was a grey-ish day and we needed a pick me up! Great entry!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Tasted them once on the market... delicious, thank you for sharing this... beautiful photos as well :)
Margot

NuKiwi said...

Hello Arfi. I just gave you a "Chocoholic" award...you can "collect" it at my blog. :o)

Churros con Chocolat - LOVE IT!!!

Teresa said...

Is this the Mexican version of churros? In Spain churros are made only with flour and a pinch of salt and then boiling water is added to the flour and stirred vigorously until mixed. Also, you can dip in chocolate with other types of cakes, etc. Check out my Aniseed bread with hot chocolate. I make Spanish thick chocolate with cocoa because I don't have access to Spanish instant hot chocolate or to chocolate a la taza where I live. Some purists may be horrified flour is used to thicken the chocolate in my recipe though all the instant chocolate powder you buy in Spain also contains thickening agents.

Courtney said...

that looks totally delicious. i need to make some already, and imagine i'm back in spain...