December 08, 2008

DMBLGIT December 2008 Announcement

I am so excited to receive this month's baton from Suganya of Tasty Palette to host food photography blog event famously known as Does My Blog Look Good In It (DMBLGIT). I am also so thrilled and honoured to receive the good news that my pink brest made it to the top for November 2008 edition (and this photo also was covered by tabloid Wanita Indonesia (Indonesian Women tabloid) back home (Indonesia)). Thank you and congratulations to all the other winners.

I am also thanking Andrew of the Spittoon and Spittoon Extra, the very Father of DMBLGIT, to allow me be exposing this photo event on the hosting side on my blog.

my pink brests for Pink October

Before we come up to the rules, I want to introduce you the judges on the judging panel first. I am sure, you are familiar with these foodie bloggers, as they are widely recognized by their talents and professionalism in food photography. I love their high-quality works as well as admire their passion on food and food photography. Guess what? They come from 5 different countries!

Here they are:

Alessandro Guerani from Bologna, Italy has been known as a professional photographer. Both of his portfolio website and food blog are stunning and inspiring with excellent quality of food photos that you might find yourself in awe. You may also find him and his works on his Flickr account.

Bron Marshall: my talented fellow Kiwi blogger from Christchurch, New Zealand who has won a lot of awards, such as Overall Winner category of DMBLGIT July 2006, and on DMBLGIT August 2006 for the Best Lighting is the food blogger whose food photos I have admired since my early years in blogging. Enjoy her photos on her blog, Bron Marshall: The Classic and Creative Cuisine or on her Flickr account.

Melody Chong MY from Singapore is a food blogger who happens to be a school of fashion student, vice verso. Her food photos are always inspiring as you can view on her blog, Small Talk. View her photostream on her Flickr account to find more of her recent works.

Peter G from Sydney, Australia, is a food blogger whose passion on food you can always feel and review from his posts. His food styling is wonderful and his lighting is perfect. You may view his reviews on his blog, Slouvaki for the Soul, and his photostream on his Flickr account.

Sabra Krock is from New York, United States. If you happen to view her portfolio and her food blog Cookbook Catchall, you will agree that Sabra is very professional. She has received many awards on food photography for her excellent works. If you are her regular visitor on her Flickr account, you will know that she loves exploring her ideas on either food photography as well as still life elements.


The rules

Each food blogger can submit one food or drink photography that was posted during November 2008, which will be viewed and scored by the selected judges.

The judges are looking for best of the best food and drink photos which will be scored under three categories:

  • Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
  • Edibility: "does the photo makes us want to dive in and eat the food?"
  • Originality: does the photo catch our attention with the 'wow' factor, displaying something that we have not seen before?
From these categories, we will come up with:

Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.

There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories. And I am sure as a host, I will be able to pick my faves. YAY!


Here's how to participate:

Only one entry per person (a single photograph, no diptychs).
The photograph must have been taken by you and it is your original work.
The photograph must have appeared on your blog during the month of November 2008.
Entries must be received by December 20, 2008 at any time (from wherever you are).


Sending the entries

By sending your entries, you agree that your photos are going to be re-displayed and altered to the convinience size on the host's blog and on DMBLGIT page.

Send your entry to arfi.binstedATgmailDOTcom with DMBLGIT as the subject with the following necessary details, please:

your name
your location
your blog’s name and URL
your photograph’s title
the URL of the post containing the photograph
type of camera used, lens if you wish
attachment of your photo with the JPEG or JPG format, of no more than 500pxls width (height does not matter)


The gallery can be viewed here (or look for the DMBLGIT gallery logo on my sidebar for your convenient). I will update the photo entries as soon as I receive them. So, what are you waiting for?


Additional News

If you are interested in hosting DMBLGIT event and ready to be a host (or a judge at the same time), you can as well view the instructions on DMBLGIT page Andrew has made for all of us to read. The hosting job is currently open for 2009.


Have a great fun!



syrie said...

Congratulations on winning. Your photograph is stunning and thanks for hosting this months competition.

Indonesia-Eats said...

Congrats, mbak Arfi...

Pearlsofeast said...

Arfi, Congratulations.I am excited and happy to know that u are hosting this event.

Peter G said...

Congratulations again Arfi! I look forward to helping with the judging!

Suganya said...

Good luck with the hosting, Arfi. Its a lot of fun.

linda said...

Congratulations, love that picture!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Iam so excited to know you are hosting this event. Congratulations and Happy Hosting!

Ivy said...

Congratulations and good luck with the event.

Soma said...

Congrats Arfi!! You have such an awesome blog with stunning photographs. very very beautiful!

Penny said...

Congratulations Arfi! The Brests looked delicious :-)

MiNDY said...

congrats, mBa!

Jescel said...

congrats, Arfi.. hope i can join this one day.. but i know i'm not up to par yet with all your abilities... heheheh.. one day..

eliza said...

congrats ya Fi. bln ini gak bisa ikutan, gak foto yg bergairah, mungkin bln depan baru, sayang kamu bukan host nya lagi.

Elsye said...

selamat yaa..daku udah kirim fotonya kemaren, moga keterima ya :D

Bron said...

Congratulations Arfi! and I'm delighted to be one of the judges again thank you

Passionate About Baking said...

dear girl, you totally deserve all the accolades & more. You are very very talented, & also a great human being. I know there are fabulous photographers out there, but am gonna send in anentry for you. Take care & loads of love...xoxoxox

Y said...

Congrats Arfi! It's such a pretty photo :)

NĂºria said...

Congratulations on the award!!! Your pics are awesome :D

Wow, I'm so happy I found your blog through DMBLGIT at Is my blog burning.

I would love to enter into the contest :D. Have been playing with the idea for a while and now I'm decided :D

You've got fantastic links related with food photography... a treasure for me :D will check them all!

quanton said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


David said...

Congrats, Arfi. This is really awesome photography.

Malaysia hotels