January 23, 2009

Vanilla Bean Pannacotta with Blueberry Compote

I don't know where to start. I just am really thrilled to be nominated Best Food Blog Overall category, which is currently running by Well Fed Network. I would be missing this if my dear girlfriend Barbara of Winos and Foodies did not inform me through my Wall on Facebook two days ago. I know I am less popular than the other candidates, popularity is not my main goal. I am just so honoured that HomeMadeS has got an opportunity to introduce itself through this nomination to new readers, therefore, I have been given an opportunity to know you all, share with you, and let you enjoy my photos and stories as I do yours. Hopefully, there are joys we can always enjoyed together and friendship that we can always cherished. Thank you so much for all of you who are voting for me. Very much appreciated.

I have been meaning to capture moments with my camera, to participate on photo events (not to compete, but to contribute. If it gets chosen then it's my good luck, if does not then it is just a little contribution from me to the blogging world with a bonus on my side to get a chance to explore something new), but there's always discomforts springing up and down, on and off. My mood swings, my emotion floats, I can't sleep at night and if I do I always tend to wake up in the middle of the night not be able to go back to sleep anymore. Perhaps, you say 'go see a doctor', but I haven't found a doctor who cares of a patient, who really investigates on what's going on, not only gives 10 minutes of his/her time and then scribble down a piece of paper to go to a chemist. It is so frustrating.

Anyway, I still have a job to do: run the auction to help the kids with cancer. Please, come and join me with information on the auctions you can view on Books for Love blog. I will update the schedule this weekend.

In the meantime, I managed to make Vanilla Bean Pannacotta with Blueberry Compote the other day. This is not to include eggs, so it is alright for me. Recipe for Vanilla Bean Pannacotta, you can view the recipe from New Zealand Herald. I just made bluberry compote to accompany the pannacotta. Recipe is simple: just cook the bluberries with sugar and a squeeze of half lemon until soften a bit. I like to leave it cool a bit, but if you can't wait, then you may serve it hot or warm as well.

Vanilla Pannacotta with Blueberry Compote by arfi binsted copyright 2009

Stay healthy, everyone!

15 comments:

Kate said...

have you tried chamomile tea at night.
It helps sleep better. As for me i would sleep well, if i had such a lovely pannacotta for late night dessert !

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow love to indulge right now..... Going to vote for you....

Peter G said...

I totally understand about your lack of sleep Arfi...have ou tried meditating. I voted for you! And i love this panacotta with the compote!

Arfi Binsted said...

@ Kate: oh, I forgot about cammomile tea. Yeah, I should drink it again at night. Thanks, Kate.

@ Lubna: thank you for the vote :)

@ Peter: Have you been somewhere? Haven't heard from you for such a long time, my dear friend. Thanks for casting a vote for me.

Vij said...

Try drinking warm water before you hit the bed. It works for me!

Lovely panacotta... yummy n so inviting. I voted for you Arfi :-)
Takecare

MeetaK said...

looks great arfi! love the colors of the blueberry compote!

zita said...

seet picture, cograts on your nomination, one more vote for you ;)

Aparna said...

Congratulations on the nomination, Arfi.
And a beautiful dessert to celebrate it. :)
I'm still working on a gelatine free pannacotta.

Passionate About Baking said...

Sorry to hear you're not keeping well Arfi. Am so glad on your nomination; you so totally deserve it. The panna cotta is lovely; anything eggless works for me! It's gorgeous!

Happy cook said...

I had this a while ago, i coudnt sleep or even when i slept i was awake after few hours and then coudn't sleep at all . I was just lying there wathichg every half hour to the time.
When i went through this i was going through a difficult period.
That is why i coudn't sleep.
Love the pannaoctt, i will looke to the recipie and when the seasonfor bluberry is there i will make them.

Cakelaw said...

Congrats on the nomination Arfi - it is very well deserved. This panna cotta looks sublime with its juicy berry compote - a perfect summer dessert.

Jescel said...

voted for you...
and yeah, chamommile tea is very effective. I drink it too. you're probably just stressed. Perhaps, you just need to relax and take things slow. Go to a spa, and have a full body massage... that should relax you.

Peter M said...

Saw you over at Peter's blog and it's nice to see more excellent photos and delicious food. A refreshing & lite dessert.

Michelle said...

Congratulations with your nomination! It's a big deal to be nominated in this affair and whether or not you're more or less popular than other contenders doesn't matter. As long as you're just yourself is all what counts. ;-)

Lovely dessert!

Happy cook said...

I guess you were faster in my place :-)
Made this pannacotta and it was super super soft and yummy.
We all loved it.
Thankyou for the delicious recipe.