February 05, 2009

HHDH: Grilled Nectarines

I am still on a diet. Not that kind of diet you used to do when you want to shape up, but this more like to stay healthy. Watching what I eat is the way to look after my body. If she says yes, then I'll eat, but if she rejects, then I will willingly follow.

I do this by muscle testing, which is always done by my beloved. He has a diploma of naturopath and mostly applies naturopathy ways to help us healthy. I personally agree with nature way, my body does too.

fruit feast by ab '09

Take an example, when we tested a range of processed food, including grains, wheat bread, coffee and chocolate, my muscles go really weak, as well as those the supplements and vitamins packed in jars or bottles in the pharmacy. Surprisingly enough, when fruits, fresh vegetables, plain yogurt, herbs, rice and meat are tested, my muscles stay strong. I think it is just amazing.

I know become aware that there are food that my body likes and dislikes. So this is the diet I am taking at the moment. Not with bags of slimming tea, bottles of slimming tables, but I do it by watching what I eat. Right now, I have lost 2 kg and feel so much lighter, more energetic and I can always say that I love sport more than I do. I can keep up with continuously tiring houseworks, from morning to evening, swimming with the children, playing petanque in the evening, cooking, even cycling and walking up and down the hill without being puffed up. I think if I want to look after my body, I need to listen to its needs, not to what I want.


my healthy breakfast by ab '09


This is my kind of breakfast recently, taking turns with fruit salad, enjoyed with plain yogurt. No more granola, no more toasts with nutella spread. I surely miss them but I have nothing to lose.

grilled nectarines by ab '09


My entry for HHDH this round, hosted by Meeta of What's For Lunch, Honey? and Tartesacher of 1000Sweet Desserts. I don't think you need a special recipe of this. I just halved these nectarines, picked from our orchard, drizzled with Manuka honey and freshly grated nutmeg. I just love it. Fresh, natural, light and organic. What more can you ask?

Books for Love auction is still running. I have to extend the time until February 16, 2009. It seems that I've lost many participants this year. Anyway, I'll keep run it until we have met the reserved price of each item. Hopefully, there'll be more of you who can be kindly donating for the kids with cancer in Indonesia.







21 comments:

Peter G said...

Good to hear that your body is adapting to the new eating plan. The grilled nectarines look very easy and delicious.

linda said...

Strange that it's so hard to listen to your body. I have difficulties doing so, especially when I'm tired. Does help when I excersize a lot than it's much easier. Unfortunately not a lot of that going on at the moment...
Those nectarines look delicious!

NĂºria said...

Ah... I need to find my way through food... not that I don't eat healthy, I just eat too much and spend many hours in front of the computer!

Eating good, feeling good! Well done :D

Aparna said...

I do agree with you here, Arfi.
Diets should be about eating sensibly and listening to oneself, and not starving oneself.
It should also be about health, everything else does follow. And it's so good to feel light.
Fruit and yogurt is always a nice combination.

tartasacher said...

Hello Arfi.

Thank you for your paticipation in HHDD 25. Delicious recipe. I add a photo of your blog for roundup.

Best regards

bee said...

there is something waiting for you at jugalbandi. congrats!

Aparna said...

Congratulations, Arfi.
I just saw your winning entry at Jugalbandi.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow congrats dear...... I totally agree with you when it comes to diet food.

Happy cook said...

Yeah just saw in jagalbandi you won congragulations.
When my hubby eat normal bread his stmach is always upset , so i have to make spelt flour bread as we have bread twice a day.
I would love to have that fruit for mu breakfast.

Amanda said...

Some beautiful pictures as always!

lisa (dandysugar) said...

Your grilled nectarines look juicy and sweet. I know the staying healthy diet. I try to have lots of healthy veggies and grains because I have an undeniable sweet tooth!

Rosie said...

Congratulations, Arfi.

Your photos are stunning and your grilled nectarines look very temptingly scrummy...

My comfort food network said...

You are right about dieting, it's all about what your body needs and not about what your want. I think diet works if you also have good control over your portions and what you eat. The grilled nectarines are a good alternative to granola bars anytime.

PS: I am a big fan of your photography,

DK said...

Now the photo is beautiful as always ( loved the photos u uploaded to flickr in FB -The Indonesian Banget!)

But what I want to say more so is the will power...I will totally succumb..I love food.For me, I rather exercise than cut food..I admire you for having that control though :) Good one Arfi

Cakelaw said...

Delicious - and healthy too! Arfi, I have succumbed to temptation so often after swearing to be good this year - I feel very guilty.

Ivy said...

I've been eating healthier from the beginning of this year but I am not sure if I can eat fruit for breakfast even if the nectarines look tempting.

Ana said...

Congratulations, Arfi. Delicious nectarines look ...delicious!

Michelle said...

Wow, you're lucky to have a partner who's a naturopath. I agree with you that you have to listen to your body. In the past year I've dieted on and off with reasonable success but I realised on my "off" weeks I go ballistic. Sort of like being in the mindframe of - I'm bloody starving, eat as much as you can NOW because you won't get any later (when on a diet). I'm only starting again to get in touch with my body and stomach, i.e. eating when I'm hungry. It's so difficult to maintain a balance!

Sophie said...

Congrats on your pursuit of the healthy life! These grilled nectarines are definitely a nutritious and light dessert, I always appreciate the natural sweetness of fruits!

Jescel said...

i did a vegan diet for 21 days and i never felt more energy than before.. just fruits and veggies, no processed food, no meat, no dairy. that was really good... I will do this once in a while to give my body a rest.... and yes, we really need to listen to our bodies.

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Arfi,

Your photos are sooo beautiful, like always ;)

Have a good day, Margot