March 12, 2009

Lamingtons and Cappucino in Memoriam


Dribbling by ab '09

Looking back this is, the day when I still could enjoy cappuccino and cakes. The cafe was just by the lake, Rotorua Lake, with boats floating faithfully accompanied by ducks, black swans and seagulls. Some visitors threw crumbs at these birds and they shrieked madly, trying to be the ones who could enjoy the biggest part, giving a crazy vision to my eyes. Black Swans are just like magical witchy crafts from Heaven but so powerful in beauty. I have had experience with geese which marked a scar on my thigh, forever one I am afraid, that I will not want to happen again although swan and goose are different, but they have similar beak and length of neck! And I photographed in a cloudy, wet day, before I enjoyed the fragrant and frothy cappuccino with a plate of lovely and moist slice of lamington triangles with piped cream decorated with a glace cherry.

lamingtons by ab '09

cappucino by ab '09


A memory indeed... I won't go back to that 'normal' day anymore. Don't pity me, please. I just want to be fit and healthy until the day it's chosen I won't be anymore. Enjoy your own health and fitness, my friends! Don't spoil it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

Arwen from Hoglet K said...

Arfi I know where you're coming from. Before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease we used to have croissants for breakfast on birthdays. I can't do that any more, but it's a happy memory. There are still plenty of beautiful foods to eat, so it there's no reason to pine over what you can't have.

Kitchen Flavours said...

Memories are memoires.....You have some sweet on them to think and delish...

Zita said...

Agree with Arwen there, but at least you can eat chocolate now :)

Happy cook said...

Beautful pic of the swan. I have never seen a black one.
I have heard and seen in lots of books about lamington cake, never had them.

Jennywenny said...

Very pretty. I love the way that there is a big plate of chips behind the lamington, all the major food groups!!

I hope I make it to Rotorua again sometime soon...

♥Rosie♥ said...

Arfi I do understand....

Beautiful pics of the swan and
lamington. Heehee just spotted the chips too..

Rosie x

Susan from Food Blogga said...

You were able to get those gorgeous photos in a coffee shop? How do you do it, Arfi? They're just beautiful.

Cynthia said...

Thank you and you too.

Peter G said...

At least you have the memories Arfi! The swan pic is fantastic!

sunita said...

What gorgeous pictures Arfi.

And yes, memories are to be cherished.

Ivy said...

Beautiful pictures Arfi and eating healthy does not have to be boring.

Le coq gourmand said...

hello! I love your site; I've just found it while searching different techniques to make rosewater. My husbands grandmother was Sicilian and she made many desserts using floral essences. Perhaps its the Arab influence in Sicily...
Anyway, I just love reading about your garden and family life! I'm just getting ready for spring planting up here in the Pacific NW of the US. I love florabundas, too! I'll try to put more pictures of my garden, soon.

Melanie said...

Hi Arfi--I love the swan photo--I have never seen a swan like this one. Very beautiful.

Occasional Martha said...

Such a beautiful memory.
I'm with Susan- how do you manage to make such beautiful photos anywhere and everywhere?
The swan is stunning, I've never seen anything like it.
Thanks for saying hi at my place.
That's very interesting about planting garlic around your roses. I've never heard of that, but I also don't have roses (I was traumatized by my mini-rose bush being brutally murdered by swarms of aphids).
Thank you for the advice about growing the garlic in pots. I hadn't actually planned to leave them in there. The ground here is frozen and beneath a good 20 cm of snow, so I am waiting til it thaws before I transplant them outside. But maybe I will consider putting them into my big pots outside instead of in the ground.
Any further advice would be wonderful!