February 08, 2010

sublime lava



There's no words to describe the best chocolate pudding made from the finest cacao in the world. There's more chocolaty than a sweetness candy for an explosion of lava, flooding in your senses, melting and dancing, brushing your taste buds like an eruption of God's waterfall, flowing graciously in the garden of Eden. Luscious. Dark. Sublime. Wonderful. Heavenly.

I don't know if those words would really describe these lovely gooey puddings.

What, or how will the world be without chocolate? I am not sure, really. Perhaps, we'll stick with jelly beans forever.

valrhona guanaja buttons

I have made molten chocolate pudding, using different recipes, ranged from Donna Hay's, Gordon Ramsay's, and Lynley Allan's, as gorgeous as they are, only quality chocolates make it decent. Valrhona Guanaja is one of the finest chocolates I use occasionally to indulge my senses. 

As expensive as what a finest thing is, it is well-spent if you use it for the best purpose. Molten chocolate pudding seems to be a great choice. I am using a recipe of Lynley Allan, published by the Foodtown Magazine.

Molten Chocolate Pudding by HomeMadeS

Molten Chocolate Puddings
by Lynley Allan. The Foodtown Magazine. June-July 2007.

I adapt this recipe to suit my needs and method of baking.

200g dark chocolate, chopped (I use 250g Valrhona Guanaja 70%)
50g butter, chopped
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour, sifted
1 Tbs cocoa, sifted
dusting of cocoa and cream to serve

Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease 6-hole Texas muffin tins with butter and flour them, too. Melt chocolate with butter in a double boiler, set aside. Beat eggs and sugar until pale and thick. Beat in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture. Keep beating until smooth. Fold in sifted flour and cocoa, mix well. Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, and bake for 10 minutes. The pudding should be light to touch and will be soft in the centre. Remove them from the tins as carefully as possible, if you don't want to end up with messy results. Serve them warm, and watch the lovely lava flooding down. Amazingly dark and oh-so-sinful. Enjoy. Makes 6.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Tuty said...

Beautiful molten lava cake, Arfi. I can only imagine the pure bliss when you ate it.

Happy Cook said...

I would be depresed if there is no chocolate in the world :-)
Here we get callebaut but not this one.
Lave cake looks so so yumm.

peasepudding said...

looks fabulous! I agree with you about the chocolate, I have been using Lindt because it is readily available in the supermarket but would kill for Valrhona!

Arwen from Hoglet K said...

Your words are brilliant. The waterfall in the Garden of Eden must have tasted truly divine. These puddings look worthy of such praise.

MiNDY said...

nanti akyu coba resepnya yaaaa...

Bergamot said...

i just love molten chocolate cakes...this looks just amzingly delicious

amerrierworld said...

My current favourite chocolate is Divine, but I've never tried Valrhona. I can't imagine a world without chocolate - gosh, what a horrible thought!

thedelishdishblog said...

ive never had valrhona but have read about how great it is! and this looks like the perfect recipe for incorporating good quality chocolate!

Jennywenny said...

Mmm delicious! I used valrhona over christmas for a hazelnut caramel chocolate tart, and it was definitely a step up from my usual callebut!

Claudia said...

I need to try Valrhona chocolate, if it can be found here. Your puddings look fabulous.

Alessandra said...

I could eat one now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aparna said...

I think everyone knows by now I love chocolate and one of my favourites is molten lava cakes. These are gorgeous, Arfi.

In my absence you seem to have been whipping up gorgeous confection one after the other.

Rizka said...

Hi.. Salam kenal yaa.. your molten chocolate pudding looks so yummm.

Im so glad that I stumbled upon your blog, it is so beautiful with all the lovely pics :)

Rizka.
http://masakini-makanitu.tumblr.com