December 31, 2010

HomeMadeS Food Photography Highlights 2010


Stumble Upon Toolbar

Photography has become a passion that goes on the same level as baking. It has characteristic and artistic sense that shows like a creation of dessert plating a master chef does. Only, you are working with your camera and lens. The skills should result on achievement of delicious looking food either on plate or on mat paper.  


I love photography but gadgets can be very expensive. I am not ready to take my photography skill up to huge commercial level just yet. I am not satisfied with what I've done in 2010. Although, I quite like to take an opportunity to work on some professionals, it won't happen sooner. I still am homebound, the priorities are there within. The children and homeschooling.


But anyway, I am looking forward for new light assignments to take up in 2011. I am interested in agriculture photography as well as outdoor wedding and engagement for I have suitable gears for the tasks. Yes, I am an outdoor person. 


I just looked back and found these photos I have or haven't posted on HomeMadeS. I hope I will have much more time to blog next year. I also hope you are still reading my post after post. And thank you so much for being with me over the year, comment or no comment, I know you are there. I do appreciate your visits on my blog and I hope you still will enjoy it.



Ngā mihi o te Tau Hou ki a koutou katoa. Happy New Year. Selamat Tahun Baru. Wish you all the best in 2011!


January

Mud Cake Cookie Sandwiches by HomeMadeS


IMG_7232


February

Molten Chocolate Pudding by HomeMadeS

kacang telur2-moody light-BE

golden queen peaches preserved by ab2010


March

I did not have time to even write a post, let alone photograph any food I produced. This is the time we spent time holidaying in Bali. And I was 20 weeks.


20 weeks


April

fruit carving-watermelon by ab2010

I love spending time carving that watermelon. And I would share this photo below with you, just to let you know that people in Bali are hard workers!

back from the market


May

Ayam Suwir Bali at Bebek Bengil, Ubud, Bali

Hot Waffles with Rhubarb Compote and Mascarpone Vanilla Cream by ab2010

Bubur Ketan Hitam by ab2010



June

Chocolate Caramel Tart

Nasi Goreng Teri Tauco-1

Brigadeiros
Although it did not win any title of the competition, I just love this photo.


July

It is our busiest month of the year. The baby arrived and certainly was taken our all attention to her. But I managed to photograph this dish while waiting for the labour to start.

bocconcini-tomato dip2


And Samantha was here.


sra-withdaddy




August

IMG_2289





September

Lemon Curd Cheesecake Tartlet

IMG_5542




October


mooncake


bubur kacang hijau


November


We lost our cat. He went from home and did not come back, until today. We searched for him in the neighbourhood, and pasted his photo on some paper, but we haven't got him back just yet. Kids have been so devastated by losing him this way. We still put on hope that one day he'll come back.


We Miss Bibbie


This is the highlight I could only think is the most important, because Bibbie is a member of our family too. We adopted him since he was very little, so losing him is like losing a baby. 




December


matcha white choc truffles-white choc coats


Christmas photos:


Fresh Cherries from Hawke's Bay food-christmas2010


christmas crackers Grandmother and Granddaughter


I have been playing with iPhoneography, using my iPhone and its application Camera+. I tried to apply this on food photography. 


Vintage-2


Awesome app! You should try if you have Apple iPhone and like food photography as well.


7 comments:

Xiaolu said...

It's been lovely to follow each and every post :). I don't know how I missed it at the time, but that watermelon carving is truly a work of art! Happy New Year, dearie!

Dominique said...

I really love your photos... it's a pleasure to read your blog! I wish you and your beautiful family a happy new year! Cheers,
Dominique

Barbara said...

Arfi your work is fabulous. Every photo could be in a glossymag. You are still young and I know someday you will achieve your dream. I look at your photos and feel I have such a lot to learn about composition.

Arfi Binsted said...

Xiaolu, Dominique, and Barbara: thank you ladies. I have been very lucky to have you as friends and fellow food bloggers. Keep in touch!

Aparna said...

Arfi, I feel the same way that you do about baking and photography (more than baking). I never knew I could feel so involved and passionate about something like taking pictures, but I have a long way to go. :)

I love your pictures and think that you are certainly good enough to get professional with it. All my best wishes, Arfi.

Mairi said...

Beautiful photographs. I love camera +. Look forward to seeing more.

Claudia said...

I just love your beautiful photography and the foods you create as well. Keep up the good work, and a Happy New Year to you and your family!