May 28, 2011

Al Brown's Creamy Polenta Soup


Stumble Upon Toolbar

Al Brown's Creamy Polenta Soup

Just saw Chef Al Brown's tweet the other day about this creamy soup. It took my attention as it is not my usual soup. I was curious how it tastes. So, I went to the kitchen to find out.

Al Brown's Creamy Polenta Soup-2

It is just delicious! There is a perfect combination of creamy milk and mascarpone, the crunchy fresh walnuts I just cracked before serving, the saltiness and that divine flavour of blue cheese, and my homemade one-year-old tamarillo chutney (Al uses tomato relish). This soup is so filling, I don't feel hungry until afternoon tea time (which means, no snack in between! Good, isn't it?).

Anybody wants to try out, head on to his website!

4 comments:

Alessandra said...

The idea of a polenta soup is totally strange to me... could it be just soft polenta? I'll have a look later.
Ciao
A.

peasepudding said...

Interesting, I have never seen Polenta soup before. I love your photo and those gorgeous bowls.

Arwen from Hoglet K said...

Ooo, I haven't had polenta like that before. All the strong flavours like blue cheese and chutney would go really well with the bland polenta.

gluten-free-foodie.net said...

I never thought of polenta in soup. Sounds almost like a porridge. But the flavors you added sound divine! Great photography!