June 12, 2013

Gluten-Free Blueberry and Sour Cream Bundt Cake

Follow Me on Pinterest

Gluten-Free Blueberry and Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Something I baked to enjoy on Jan's birthday last weekend dinner. Not too sweet, not too rich. Blueberries make it sweet and moist at the same time. Orange zest give the flavour citrusy and scented. The cream cheese frosting is a teaser, to top up the sweetness of blueberries and the orange zest fragrance. Just right to end the meal.

Gluten-Free Blueberry and Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I am loving my new bundt cake tin, ordered from Cookware Essentials owned by Pam who happens loving to cook and bake herself, as much as I do. Take a look at her recipes on her website. She also has a recipe to fit in this bundt tin. 

However, I am using this recipe and altered some ingredients to suit our needs. I use gluten-free flour and almond meal and substitute lemon with orange. I thought blueberries go really well with oranges. I also use margarine and cream cheese frosting.

Gluten-Free Blueberry and Sour Cream Bundt Cake

The cream cheese frosting is scented with orange zest as well as its juice to thin its consistency a little bit. To make it interesting for my kids, I sprinkle some chocolate hails which came directly from Indonesia.

No comments: